skip to main |
skip to sidebar

Everyone should Take this TestThis a study was done at Harvard to show what we subconsciously think about Skin Completion and RaceInstructions1. Click ON the purple Arrow link at the end of the instructions
2. Click ON RACE IAT, after this survey do the LIght/Dark SKIN IAT, and Weight IAT
3. Click on Demonstration, then go to Demonstration
4. Click Wish to Proceed
5.Follow Instructions, first there is a brief background survey, then the test


MY RESULTS SHOCKED THE HELL OUT OF ME!!
Exactly how it felt!!
I thought I was more neutralMy Results on Light Skin vs Dark SkinYour data suggest a slight automatic preference for Light Skin compared to Dark Skin. The interpretation is described as 'automatic preference for Light Skin' if you responded faster when Light Skin faces and Good words were classified with the same key than when Dark Skin faces and Good words were classified with the same key. Depending on the magnitude of your result, your automatic preference may be described as 'slight', 'moderate', 'strong', or 'little to no preference'.
The combined Survey showed More people Perfered Light to Dark
This distribution summarizes 122,988 IAT scores for the skin-tone task completed between July 2000 and May 2006. The dark bars indicate faster sorting of Dark Skin with Bad and Light Skin with Good, gray bars indicate faster sorting of Light Skin with Bad and Dark Skin with Good. The bar height indicates the number of people who scored within that range. The IAT effect (a D score) has a possible range of -2 to +2. Break points for ‘slight’ (.15), ‘moderate’ (.35) and ‘strong’ (.65) were selected conservatively according to psychological conventions for effect size. Scientific reports of the IAT D effect are available in Greenwald, Nosek, & Banaji, 2003 and Nosek, Greenwald, & Banaji, 2006.
My ThoughtsI had problems with this test from the jumpstreet. When I first took it, I dismissed it because the images were not exactly pictures of people. They looked odd looking. I love a beautiful dark skinned MAN, so I was baffled by my results!! I have dated more dark skin MEN than light skin men. Mainly because thats what I like! So, I was confused by the results. Also, whom is taking this test?? Maybe a bunch of bias people took this test, throwing off the results. Or more Light skin people, took the test than darker skin people.
But then I thought about it. My skin is a medium brown; I am not dark and I am not light. And I love the way I look!! I love everything from my skin, hair, eyes, nose, hands to my lips, feet, legs, and mouth. SO, maybe subconciously I am seeking skin close to my complexion as beautiful because I feel I am beautiful. And skin farther away from my complexion as slightly less desirable. People of darker complexions, may see it, the other way around. I dont know, this test confuses me. I love my dark skin sisters and brothers. They are all beautiful.
0 comments:
Post a Comment