BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Protect Yourself...Know your Status



Ladies and Gentlemen, it is so important to protect yourself and know your status. These people are not ALIENS, this could happen to you or me, if we are not careful. This is an epidemic and since AIDS effect everyone differently,and the strains of AIDS are variable, the search for a cure is difficult.

The test is not difficult. You can get swabbed at a clinic which only takes ten minutes or less. You can do a blood test for more difinitive results. I am a medical technologist in the Immunology lab of a well known hospital in Atlanta. A medical technologist is the person whom run all the test in the clinical lab in a hospital. It always break my heart when I have to write positive on the definitive test called the Western Blot for HIV. The youngest person, I wrote a positive confirmation for HIV was only 12 years old. I also did phlebotomy during my rotations at MCG, and the majority people who came in to get there viral load done were young African American. This also broke my heart.

If you have be infected with HIV/AIDS, your life is not OVER! Let me repeat this Your Life is not Over. Its just changed. With new medication, and research trails available, people are living longer and healthier. Their viral loads are kept down and their T4 counts are up. This does not means your a bad person or anything of a kind, honestly, I could have been in your position numerous of times. I was stupid also. I said things like "he looks healthy...he only having sex with me...we can go unprotected this one time, its OK..." Any of those guys, and I could have been in your shoes. It's Okay, and remember God's promise to us in 1Corinthians 10:1

"No testing has overtaken you except what is common to everyone. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tested beyond your strength, but with the testing he will also provide the way out so that you may be able to endure it."


VideoPlaylist
I made this video playlist at myflashfetish.com



Stay Strong my Sisters and Brothers

Thanks Chandra



Get TESTED...Know your Status

This site list centers near you that give cheap to FREE AIDS test


Local Test Sites




More Information on AIDs




AIDS Alliance for Children, Youth, and Families




Kaiser Family Foundation - HIV/AIDS



National Association of People with AIDS (NAPWA) - National HIV
Testing Day

www.napwa.org


National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day

www.blackaidsday.org/index.html


National Coalition of STD Directors (NCSD)

http://www.ncsddc.org/


National Institutes of Health (NIH) - HIV/AIDS Diagnosis and Testing

http://sis.nlm.nih.gov/hiv/diagnosis.html


National Minority AIDS Council (NMAC)

http://www.nmac.org


National Native American AIDS Prevention Center - National Native HIV/AIDS Awareness Day

http://www.nnaapc.org/




University of California San Francisco - Center for AIDS Prevention Studies

www.caps.ucsf.edu


2 comments:

Ceecee said...

Great post- it is very important that we know our status...I've got a post on this in the works....

Chandra01 said...

The women at in the video are beautiful!! They are living with it everyday!!