I am a cynic when it comes to this.. Life IS NOT a Fairy Tale!
I believe in lust at first sight but not love. I sometime lust after Rapper 50 cent, but that does not mean I love him. I dont know him. Love takes getting to know a person and developing a connection with them. My mother and some of my friends however, believes that there is a such thing as being in love at first sight. They all use the argrument that "you just know" that this person is the person you are meant to be with. A lifemate. They never can explain the feeling, they just know this person is sent from God. It is a spiritual, mental, emotional connection that you have with that person. And they say "
CHA CHA, you have to know yourself in order to realize this is the person sent from GOD to you. If you dont know yourself, you can not know this is the person for you"
To this I say: That is why there are so many Divorces, people believe this Bullpickle..They believe this is the person GOD has sent to me, we have such a 'connection' after 1 month of dating and then they get married....A month later, the connection is loss. Dead signal..Dial tone..LOL...
All jokes aside, Relationships take work. If people would not get so consumed by being in love, how this person makes me feel and love at first sight, and really get to know a person...then there would be less divorces.
I always ask the people whom believe in LOVE at first sight:
If the person was crippled, disfigured, diseased, uattractive in some way, would you still have "loved" them at FIRST sight? If NOT is that really LOVE or LUST??
I always say Physical beauty get you in the door, while personality makes them stay.
If you are in a relationship and the MAN/WOMAN continuously cheated on you, does that mean they were the one GOD has for you? Would GOD send someone whom would hurt you in this way over and over?
To my Internet Daters, do you think a relationship that starts on the internet, where you have not been with sexually or seen the person physically (in person) is worst,better or grey than a relationship with a person you physically interact with everyday..? If you met this person and they were not all you expected, would you continue to date them??
I think a relationship like this, that is based on personality more than looks and sex. There was not any "love at first sight", you just know this person has a nice personality and you connect mentally.........
Monday, January 26, 2009
Do you BELIEVE in Love at First Sight??
Posted by Chandra01 at 3:54 PM
Labels: Relationships
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I don't believe in love at first sight either.I...but 'they' say it happens. I read a newspaper article last year sometime of a couple who met-got engaged after 3 days and were married 1 week later. They've been married for 7 years now. I stared at the article- Like are you serious?
Post a Comment