If you can say anything to the President Obama, what would you say? What are your concerns about the future?
This is what I would say:
Firstly, Mr. President. It is refreshing to say that name to someone whom I really look up to and admire. I believe you have energized this country and because of you, I have HOPE that this country will be a better place. As an African American, I truly believe you are the Dream of Martin Luther King realized, and I feel a part of history witnessing you and your wife as my President.
My special concerns are for the homeless. The homeless are looked at by many as subhuman and are not giving the respect of any human being. Most of these people are just down on their luck and they just need one chance. I could have been in there situation any number of times; lost my job, illness caused my trauma. I am truly greatful for the life GOD has allowed me to live. I wish that you could put more programs in place to help the people whom want to get help.
Another concern of mine is the lack of educational and atheletic outlets in the inner city. Programs such as the Boys and Girls Club and Big Sister and Big Brother, could be better funded.. It must be realized that these programs keep youth off the street, whom could of joined gangs or got pregnant at early ages.
I echo the sediments of many. The economy need fixing. We are in a downward spiral, where people are jobless. WE NEED MORE JOBS!!! The other day I was talking with a woman at the Atlanta Mission. She told me this was her last resort. She has begged her parents, brothers, sister, friends for money and they are struggling themselves. She is no means lazy, she just needs a job.
The last thing I want to say is a piece of advice. Keep GOD first. Pray before you make decisions about leading the people. Make sure you get an answer from GOD. Because if you keep your hands and GOD hands on the wheel of this mighty country, we will not faulter. WE will be stronger than ever!!
I love you and I support you!
Chandra
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Open Letter to President Obama
Posted by Chandra01 at 5:40 PM
Labels: About Chandra, Watch and Learn
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
good letter!
Post a Comment