BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 29, 2009

A VERY HARD DECISION

I saw this on Dr. Phil. I know some of you out there don't like Dr. Phil, but I love him. This one particular show dealt with Ethical Dilemmas. It raised a really hard decision for me.....

Read this first:
Hardest Decision Ever

My Thoughts:

This is a very very hard decision. On the one hand, you love your brother or sister, but on the other hand, why should you have to sacrifice your health for someone whom squandered theirs. Its not fair. I could understand Tim's dilemma. Why help someone whom is not going to help themselves? But the Bishop was right. I could not bare to watch a family member die, knowing that I could have done something to keep them from dying. I could not live with myself. In the end, I would give him my kidney. But I probably, just being honest, make sure he is staying healthy and not squandering my kidney..I would be on him like white on rice..I know its not Christian, but I am not perfect.




What if it was this scenario: Your brother or sister comes to you in need of a kidney, and the only person that matches completely is your son or daughter whom is 15. Lets say your brother/sister has used drugs for years and has got one kidney removed and the other one is failing now, due to years of Alcohol abuse. AND they are STILL using the Alcohol....They would need YOUR permission to perform the procedure on YOUR child? If you ask your 15 y/o and her mother/father says "No, they are not doing it". Or if your 15 y/o and her father/mother said "Sure, anything to save a life". Would that change anything? Would you make him/her do it or refuse to let them do it?

My Thought:


This would be VERY difficult because we are called to PROTECT our children. I would feel like I am making a choice between my child and my brother/sister. I know you can live without a kidney, and be healthy but doesn't my child deserve the benefit of having two. At 15, they can make there own decisions, but at 15, they are only a teenager. Most teenagers don't think about tomorrow, they think about today. No one knows what the future will bring. I think, well I hope, I will advise my child to give her uncle/aunt the kidney.......

Tell me your THOUGHTS about each scenario and what you would do

0 comments: